Javascript

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wavy Lays Chocolate Covered Potato Chips

Way back in December, when my parents were visiting, my mom brought me out a bag of Wavy Lays Chocolate Covered Potato Chips to try. She knows I like trying interesting snacks and while I'd heard of these coming out, I hadn't bought myself a bag. What a great gift!

 I'm excited to give these a shot! Salty and sweet are usually a good combination in my book. I'm a chocolate covered pretzels or even peanut butter filled chocolate covered pretzels rate pretty highly in my book. Let's see how these measure up.

They don't quite look like they do on the package, but when do they ever. What really matters is how they taste. 

And all I can say is, I'm glad I don't have many bags of these in the house. They wouldn't last very long because they're delicious! The chip stayed crunchy and has a great potatoey taste. The chocolate is sweet and provides a great contrast to the salty and savory chip. T even tried one and said they were much better than she was expecting.

Normally I wouldn't post calories because hey, these are indulgences and not meant to be tracked. In this case though, I was really surprised by what I saw. The bag these chips comes in is about the size of a King Size bag of chips. It wouldn't be difficult at all to finish these off in a sitting. That picture above showing the chips on the plate is the entire contents of this bag.
A serving size is 4 chips. Who eats just 4 chips? The entire bag contains a whopping 800 calories! Whoa! Like I said, good thing we don't have too many of these in the house.

If you're into savory and sweet foods, I'd definitely give these a try!

1 comment:

  1. yeah, I thought they were pretty good. The only issue I had was that there wasn't a good chocolate:chip ration. Too much chocolate seemed to drown out the smaller chips. If they looked like the outside of the bag then it would probably be even.

    ReplyDelete