Javascript

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas lights explosion!

Just a few days before Christmas, my brother sent me a link to a photo blog that did some pretty cool things with Christmas lights. I knew I'd have to give it a try.


For the photo above, I focused tight on the tree then zoomed out quickly. That left the light streaks, but then made the tree in pretty sharp focus. All these were taken with very long shutter speeds, upwards of 8 seconds, so a tripod is definitely needed.

For the next photo, I zoomed and paused and zoomed and paused to create bursts.

And in the next photo, I slowly zoomed in for the whole 8 seconds without pausing, making the entire background blurry.

Time for some shots of the ornaments. Duffy is shining bright.

And I love these Mickey Mouse ornaments.

Hmm, what else can I take photos of...
I do know another place that has a bunch of lights. I think these turned out pretty good!


Thanks for the suggestion Patrick!

4 comments: